Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fogetting About the Pits

A couple of years ago I was at my church, doing some stuff.  The main Sanctuary level has heating and cooling exhausts in the floor.  Of course they are covered by floor grates.  For one reason or another, one of the floor grates was removed, exposing a big deep hole in the floor.  It was probably 18" x 18".  I knew they were exposed.  I think I may have even helped exposed them.  I was conscious of them... for a time.


After I had been there a while, the thought of the danger was not so much on the forefront of my mind.  I wasn't on my toes, I didn't have my 'guard' up.  I got to talking or something and walked right into one of these exposed holes.


My one leg was fully down the hole, all the way up to my hip!  (I said it was deep!)  The other leg, ankle and foot got bent around on the floor, and hurt pretty bad.  


After it happened, I was shocked.  I was stunned.  I was hurt.  I was just 'there' for a little bit.  I didn't want help.  I was afraid someone touching me would hurt me more, or cause more pain.


Well, I'm to that point in my life again.  Not literally, but figuratively.  I'm out from the pit (of depression), and it wasn't at the forefront of my mind.  I wasn't on my toes.  How is it I allowed myself to walked right into a pit, again.


This particular pit I feel into may not have been depression (or the same exact pit I was in earlier), but it is connected or tunneled to it.  

Next time I will discuss my Pit of Comparisson.


How can you relate to this story of forgetting about a pit?

No comments: