Friday, January 9, 2009

Depression

It has been very hard getting this blog up and running.  When I defined it's purpose in the beginning, it was what I wanted to stick to and make it into. The reason for the struggle is that I felt I was not in a place where I could write, to fit in as I purposed.  


This morning I remembered that I purposed it (in part) to be a place where I can write about "A usually slight noticeable effect or reaction. (Towards or from the author.)"  And so, here we go...

Let me be honest with you.  These last couple of weeks I've been depressed.  This is who I am, and definitely falls into the category of being "an effect or reaction from the author."  And, the reason I wasn't blogging.


Please know that I don't want to turn you 'off' to my blog.  Unfortunately depression is a fact of life, and something I am very much going through right now.


There are days better than others.  One thing I have noticed is that the 'better' days are those with activities and things happening that my brain does not have idle time.  When it's idle, I tend to "think" and slide back down that slippery slope.  Many of you can probably relate or understand what I mean.

This morning I was flipping through channels.  As I was going past our one and only Christian cable channel, I saw Joyce Meyers.  I only heard her say two sentences, but it got me to thinking.  She said:


"Worry is provoked by fearful thoughts. Worry is a fear that we won't get what we want."


**I did some research, and found her program to make sure I quoted her exactly.  I plan to take the time and watch the entire episode.  If you are interested in viewing this episode of "Enjoying Everyday Life" on worry and anxiety, you can click here.


Well, there it is.  I took the first step.  Instead of dealing with all the depression details in this post, I'm just going to end it here and go watch the rest of Joyce Meyer.


If you are/have been depressed, what has helped you the most when it comes to dealing with it?

No comments: